Location: Remote (USA)
Are you a highly motivated Backend Engineer looking to join a growing team that's excited about being on the cutting edge of human performance innovation?
Athos was created to Build Better Athletes* and we believe everyone with a body is an athlete. Since our founding, we set out to leverage surface electromyography (sEMG) in a wearable form factor to track movement and muscular function anywhere the body is in motion. Going from failed experiments, to successful innovations and granted patents, we’ve since helped thousands of athletes - from professionals in all the major sports leagues and elite collegiate programs, to warfighters in multiple branches of the U.S. military to individuals looking to get more from their workouts. All united with a common goal to train hard, train effectively, and train safely and ultimately, reach their highest potential. We’ve built experiences that deliver actionable insights that transform what it means to get personalized training that our athletes, coaches and leaders rely on. At Athos, we believe in getting the most out of every workout - and we’re just getting warmed up!
As a Backend Engineer at Athos, you will contribute to the development of our next generation data platform encompassing data science, ML, REST APIs, microservices, heterogenous storages, data warehousing, CI/CD and end-to-end testing. You will work closely with hardware, software, product and research teams to develop and support the human performance training solution of tomorrow.
What You’ll Do and How You’ll Make an Impact:
- As a member of the Athos Platform team, work with cross-functional teams to help shape and define the Athos product experience to meet business requirements
- Create REST-based microservices and APIs for consumption by mobile and web applications
- Contribute to the design, implementation and testing of the data processing pipelines
- Implement new product features in a highly collaborative environment
- Support production operations by troubleshooting application and infrastructure issues
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and high-performance codebase
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our development and release processes
What You'll Bring:
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering
- Agile. Intelligent. Creative. Problem-solver. You like making things happen!
- 5+ years of professional software development experience building distributed applications
- 2+ years of working experience developing enterprise applications with Python
- Solid CS fundamentals combined with a wide range of SW applications and experiences
- Experience with object-oriented design and building backend applications with REST API services using Python
- Experience developing enterprise applications for Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Experience designing and developing service-based architectures and/or microservices
- Experience with performance optimization techniques
- Experience designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS: MySQL, DynamoDB, Aurora, MongoDB, Redis etc...
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices: Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design, documentation etc...
- Great sense of responsibility
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-organized, self-starter with a great team spirit
- History of success in building or improving systems while supporting existing applications and users
Bonus Points For:
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies: VirtualBox, Docker, Vagrant etc…
- Experience with Flask, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, Ansible, Node/JS, iOS development
- Experience developing infrastructure for data science and machine learning
- Experience with system monitoring and log aggregation tools and services
- Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one
- U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident
What We Offer:
- Creative, innovative, and collaborative work environment with an empathetic and respectful culture
- Company paid comprehensive benefits for employees: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability. Company pays 65% for family medical and dental.
- Flexible spending account, 401(k)
- Flexible PTO
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Love being active and learning how you can improve your movement? You’ll have your own gear and be able to workout with the Athos training system
Athos is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you!